Tropical Beach Resorts is committed to offering the most comfortable and user-friendly ADA experience while staying with us on beautiful Siesta Key. From the moment you arrive, you can relax knowing we have a full staff on hand to help you enjoy all that the island offers. Our property was built in the 1950s with loads of Old Florida charm, so we have worked diligently with ADA guidelines to improve the accessibility of our spaces and enhance our guest experience.
Our ADA designated room features include:
- Bathrooms with at least 60-inch turnaround space for wheelchairs
- 30-inch space between beds
- Bathtubs with removable seats, capable of secure placement, with the top of the seats between 17 and 19 inches above the bathtub floor
- Parallel grab bars on the back wall of the tub, and a single grab bar on the opposite wall
- Toilets 17-19 inches above the bathroom floor, with a grab bar provided on the side wall closest to the toilet and on the wall behind the toilets
- Golf cart transportation to the beach and elevated beach chair rentals available
- We are able to accept special packages in advance for medical needs
The three handicapped rooms feature bathrooms with at least 60-inch turnaround space for wheelchairs, featuring a 30-inch clear space between the beds. The bathtubs feature removable seats, capable of secure placement, with the top of the seats between 17 and 19 inches above the bathroom floor. There are parallel grab bars on the back wall of the tub, and a single grab bar on the opposite wall. The toilets are 17-19 inches above the bathroom floor, with a grab bar provided on the side wall closest to the toilet and on the wall behind the toilets. We have a golf cart on property that we can use to help a disabled guest get to the beach and we offer elevated beach chairs upon request. We have special arrangements with a local company for beach wheel chairs. We also have access to accept special packages in advance for medical needs.
We have created a wide ramp with rails as a secondary entrance to our registration office with an additional counter at wheelchair height to allow for easy check in. Whether a hearing-impaired smoke detector device is needed, or just extra help with luggage, we have a full staff committed to be on hand to help. We have created access points onto our walkways in front of the ADA rooms that can be entered by a wheelchair, as well as the main patio area for relaxing or grilling. Our pools have a handicap access lift to accommodate disabled guests, the doors and entryways throughout the hotel are more than 32 inches wide, and the hallways, ramps and other routes are at least 36 inches wide throughout the property.
Although our buildings have been exceptionally maintained, our buildings have certain limitations compared to brand new hotels. However, within our residential zoning guidelines we have worked very closely with permitting, contractors, and architects to create the very best experience for all of our guests. We are also available before and during your guest experience to accommodate special requests.
We are committed to ensuring the best possible and most comfortable experience. Here are examples of modifications our team members are trained to make:
- Remove the bed frame or box spring to lower the bed to a more acceptable height for your personal need.
- Place the bed frame on your own bed risers to further help with use of a transfer hoist or Hoyer lift.
- Relocate equipment in room to a more accessible position.
- Remove additional furniture from the room (like chairs or tables) that may impede wheelchair access.
- Refrigerate medication while waiting for accommodation.
- Remove an interior door in the guest room (such as a bathroom door) that might otherwise impede wheelchair access.
- Provide an extension cord to allow for greater access to electricity.
We have worked very closely with permitting agencies, contractors, and architects to create the very best experience for all of our guests. We are also available before and during your guest experience to accommodate special requests, so please don't hesitate to reach the front desk with any questions.
We have taken photos of what an ADA accommodation for a general view, each accommodation will vary depending on the building. Our staff is fully trained to use the Florida Relay Service, we have made every effort possible to ensure the compliancy of our ADA website and are continuing to make improvements with the help of ADOT-Pro. After 10pm nightly, we have an additional 24 booking service that can be reached at 800-552-0114 which is also trained on the Florida Relay Service if making a reservation online is not possible.
Please feel free to reach out to our general manager anytime at email@example.com for additional needs or requests. We are 100% committed to exceeding all of our guests expectations while enjoying beautiful Siesta Key.